Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Posted to On Campus by Desiree Seals on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:20 p.m.

New Executive Board elected to lead Panhellenic Association

Tags: PHA

The Panhellenic Association held elections for its 2013 Executive Board this past Sunday. According to a press release, candidates gave speeches in front of a panel, which included Panhellenic delegates and presidents from each chapter. The current president, Julie Dingledine, lead the elections.

“I think I can speak for the whole outgoing board when I say that we are so excited to see all the amazing things the incoming board will accomplish,” Dingledine said in the press release. “I have full confidence the new executive board will do amazing things to further enhance our Panhellenic community. This opportunity over the past year has all taught us even more about what it means to be Greek beyond our individual chapters.”

Paige Tenkhoff has been elected the new PHA president. Tenkhoff says she is very much looking forward to beginning her new role leading the Greek community.

“I’m most excited about being able to serve the community that has given me so much,” Tenkhoff said in the press release. “I look forward to working with chapter leaders to continue to grow a group of bright, accomplished and well-rounded women. Panhellenic has such a positive influence on this university and the Columbia community. I can’t wait to be apart of that on a bigger scale than ever before. I’m also excited to work with the rest of the Executive Council to see what fresh and new ideas they bring to the table.”

The new Vice President of Programming is Lauren Haden. Paola Riviera is the new Vice President of Risk Management. Jory Mick has been elected the new Vice President of Public Relations. The new Vice President of Finance and Records is Amanda Rhodes.

Three positions for the 2013 PHA Executive Board are still open. According to the press release, a special election will be held Monday, Nov. 26, to fill these positions. The special election will elect the Vice President of Recruitment External, the Vice President of Recruitment Internal and Member Education. The PHA elections are closed to the public.

Reader comments