Wednesday, October 22, 2014
On Campus

Funeral service set for sophomore killed in car crash

A funeral service has been set for sophomore Emily Ferguson, of Kirkwood, Mo., according to Bopp Chapel funeral home.

Ferguson, 19, died Friday, Dec. 7 when she Go to collided with another motorist after driving westbound in the eastbound lane on Missouri highway I-70, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol crash report.

Service will take place at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in St. Louis, Mo. on Sunday, Dec. 16. The service is a private internment for family and friends only. Memorial contributions may be made Eliot Chapel Nursery School or Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

Ferguson was a 2011 graduate of Kirkwood High School where she was a member of the varsity volleyball team. The Columbia Missourian Go to spoke to her coaches, teammates and friends on Tuesday, Dec. 13.

Ferguson is survived by her father Roy Ferguson, mother Susan Fauser, and siblings Samuel, Kathryn and Alexander.

Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:50 p.m.

Sam: 600 words on My Little Pony, but can't put something together for a dead student that would warrant an actual byline? When did The Maneater stop doing obituaries? Why?

Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:31 p.m.

Nassim Benchaabane: Hi Sam, My name is Nassim Benchaabane, I am University News editor at The Maneater. Thank you for your comment, it has been duly noted. The Maneater has not stopped doing obituaries or life stories and will not stop. A life story on Ms. Emily Ferguson is currently being written but has not been posted yet as there are people who have not yet responded to requests for interviews. Given the sensitive situation, I am not inclined to pressure these sources and prefer for them to speak when they are willing. While I cannot speak for all past U-News editors, the death of students is important to cover for me and we will continue to publish life stories if such sad events occur. I consider it a duty of the paper to adequately pay tribute to these students, and assure you a life story for Ms. Ferguson will be published shortly. I apologize that a life story has not been published yet, and thank you again for your concern and comments. I will do what I can to ensure that there is not such a delay in the future.