The UM System announced its 18-member search committee July 25. The list of members includes faculty, staff, retirees, donors and students.
The committee will be headed its two co-chairs, Curator Ann Covington and Dean Mills, dean of the MU School of Journalism.
The rest of the committee members are as follows:
• James Birchler, curators professor of Biological Sciences
• Nick Droege, Missouri Students Association president
• Joan Gabel, senior dean for the Robert J. Trulaske College of Business
• Anita Hampton, vice-chair of communications and extension state council member for University of Missouri Extension
• Jana Hawley, professor in the College of Human Environmental Science
• Ellis Ingram, senior associate dean for Diversity and Inclusion and School of Medicine associate professor
• Tracey Mershon, Mizzou Alumni Association president
• Deborah S. Noble-Triplett, UM System Assistant Vice President
• James Pace, Alumnus
• Cheryl B. Schrader, Missouri S&T chancellor
• Gary L. Smith, director emeritus of Admissions and Registrar
• Rebecca Stafford, Staff Advisory Council chair
• Jinglu Tan, director of the Division of Food Systems and Bioengineering in the College of Engineering
• Mitch Wasden, chief executive and operating officer for the University of Missouri Healthcare
• William Wiebold, professor of Plant Sciences and member of the MU Faculty Council
• Jacob ‘Jake’ Wright, Graduate Professional Council president
The chancellor search committee will review applicants to succeed current Chancellor Brady Deaton. Early this year, Deaton announced he will retire from chancellorship Nov. 15.
This announcement comes after two community forums were held July 22 and 25 to discuss what the future dean's characteristics and qualifications should be.
The goal of the search committee is to find Deaton's successor before the end of the fall semester.