Sunday, September 24, 2017
Daily coverage of crime on the MU campus and across Columbia.

Police investigating Rolling Rock Townhomes robbery

Columbia Police are investigating a robbery that occurred in a unit at Rolling Rock Townhomes on the 1400 block of Rolling Rock Drive, according to a Columbia Police Department news release.

Police were dispatched to the home where investigation revealed three male suspects had robbed two male victims at gunpoint just before 9 a.m. Monday.

When one victim investigated the sound of footsteps in the upstairs hallway, an unknown male armed with a handgun confronted him and demanded to know the location of marijuana, according to the release.

Meanwhile, the two other suspects confronted another victim downstairs.

Both victims fled the premises and called 911, according to the release. The suspects fled the scene.

Police determined that one suspect was a black male in his early 20s, about 5’10” with a slender build, last seen wearing a light colored shirt with black pants and carrying a handgun. The other two have only been determined to be male.

Although police are unsure exactly how the suspects fled or gained access to the home, it is likely they entered through an unlocked sliding glass door.

The only reported missing item was one gram or less of marijuana. Several marijuana smoking devices, a small amount of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia were confiscated from the home.

The investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at (573) 875-TIPS (8477) or the Columbia Police Department at (573) 874-7652.