Thursday, August 28, 2014

Barack Obama re-elected as President of the United States

Posted to Election 2012 by Matthew Flores on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:15 p.m.

At around 10:30 p.m. tonight, the Associated Press projected that Barack Obama was elected to a second term as President of the United States, defeating Republican challenger and former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney. The result was announced after President Obama won all 18 of Ohio's electoral votes, putting his ...

Eight states to Obama; President leads race 64-40

Posted to Election 2012 by Matthew Flores on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:07 p.m.

After the 8:00 p.m. EST polls closed, the Associated Press is reporting that President Barack Obama has won Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, his home state of Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Obama also took three of the four electoral college votes from Maine, which is one of ...

South Carolina goes to Romney, extends lead to 33-3

Posted to Election 2012 by Matthew Flores on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:02 p.m.

The Associated Press is reporting that Gov. Mitt Romney has won the vote in South Carolina. The former governor of Massachusetts now holds a 33-3 lead in the electoral college over incumbent President Barack Obama. Seventeen states closed their polls at 7 p.m., and the results of those races are ...

Romney takes Indiana, leads electoral votes 24-3

Posted to Election 2012 by Matthew Flores on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:45 p.m.

CNN is projecting that with 14 percent of precincts reporting, Gov. Mitt Romney has won Indiana's 11 electoral votes, pushing his lead to 24-3 over President Barack Obama. Obama won the state in the 2008 presidential election against Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. Indiana is the first state to switch parties ...

Romney takes West Virginia, leads race with 13 electoral votes

Posted to Election 2012 by Matthew Flores on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:31 p.m.

The Associated Press is reporting that Gov. Mitt Romney has won the race in West Virginia, boosting his early lead to 13-3 over President Obama. This is the fourth straight election in which West Virginia's electoral votes have gone to the Republican candidate. The last time the state voted for ...

First US Senate polls

Posted to Election 2012 by Rachel Brooks on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:16 p.m.

Texas County has results, with Republican candidate Todd Akin up 54 percent to 40 percent over incumbent Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo. Akin has 574 votes, McCaskill has 429 and Libertarian candidate Jonathan Dine has 59 votes. Texas County is in south-central Missouri and has a population of 25,936 people. Monroe ...

First nationwide polls close; Kentucky to Romney, Vermont to Obama

Posted to Election 2012 by Matthew Flores on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:01 p.m.

Polls on the East Coast closed at 6 p.m. this evening, and CNN is projecting that President Barack Obama will carry Vermont's three electoral votes, while Gov. Mitt Romney will take Kentucky's eight electoral votes. With 4 percent of precincts reporting, 66 percent of the votes in Kentucky are for ...

Closing statements

Posted to Election 2012 by Rachel Brooks on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:34 p.m.

In President Obama's last debate, he started with his last four years in office, having to dig the country out of two wars and the recent economic downfall. He said his goals include getting America to have the best education system in the world, training workers for the jobs of ...

The rise of China: What is the greatest future threat to the national security of the U.S.?

Posted to Election 2012 by Rachel Brooks on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:15 p.m.

Obama called China an adversary and a potential partner, saying China needs to "play by the rules." He mentioned cases America brought against China, including a tire scam. Romney said a nuclear Iran is the biggest national security threat. He said China, like the U.S., wants a stable world without ...

What if the deadline for withdrawing U.S. troops comes and the Afghans aren't prepared to take over?

Posted to Election 2012 by Rachel Brooks on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:06 p.m.

Romney opened this question, saying American troops will be out of Afghanistan in 2014. "There's no reason Americans should die when Afghans are capable of defending their own country," Obama said. He said after a decade of war, it's time to focus on nation building at home, an agenda that ...