Thursday, October 2, 2014
Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada
Live updates as Missouri takes on the Nevada Wolf Pack.

Missouri finishes off the Wolf Pack

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 11:18 p.m.

While they may have not started as well as they wanted tonight, the Tigers got stronger as the game went on and eventually polished off Nevada 31-21. Gabbert put up big numbers against the Wolf Pack: 25 of 39 passing for 401 yards and three touchdowns. Alexander had his second-consecutive ...

Nevada turnover proves costly

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 10:44 p.m.

The Tigers took advantage of Nevada's fumble and marched all the way down the field for another touchdown. Gabbert threw to Perry for the four-yard score and the Missouri lead is extended to 28-13. The sophomore quarterback has thrown for 364 yards and three touchdowns on the evening.

Missouri comes up with critical fumble recovery

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 10:39 p.m.

With Nevada threatening to score a touchdown, Wolf Pack running back Luke Lippincott had the ball poked away and the Tigers dodged a bullet with the fumble recovery. Gabbert and the Tigers will start with the ball deep in their own territory.

Tigers answer right back

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 10:01 p.m.

Well that was quick. Two plays into the ensuing Tiger drive, Gabbert hooked up with Alexander for another Tiger touchdown. The wideout's second TD catch of the night was good for 74 yards and, after another failed two-point conversation, Missouri has an 18-13 lead. After a first half dominated by ...

Wolf Pack start second half with touchdown

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 9:55 p.m.

We might be in for a seesaw second half. Nevada ran the kickoff 50-plus yards and continued to march all the way to the end zone for the score. Wolf Pack junior quarterback Colin Kaepernick's 11-yard run gives Nevada a 13-12 lead after a failed two-point conversion. The Tigers will ...

Missouri escapes first half with the lead

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 9:27 p.m.

Despite struggling to get into an offensive rhythm, Missouri has kept the Nevada offense in check with a furious pass rush and has a 12-7 lead heading into the locker room at half. The Wolf Pack's poor game management didn't help their cause in trying to score on a final ...

Tigers break through for touchdown

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 9:15 p.m.

It took nearly the entire first half, but Missouri has made it into the end zone. Senior wide receiver Danario Alexander caught a pass for the 31-yard score but the two-point conversion failed, so Missouri is up 12-7 on Nevada. The Wolf Pack have the ball with two minutes left ...

Tigers can't manage a touchdown but strike another field goal

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 8:36 p.m.

Missouri answered the Nevada score with one of its own--another Ressel field goal. The Tiger drive stalled with Gabbert unable to connect with senior wide receiver Jared Perry in the corner of the end zone. Now behind 7-6, the Tigers must find a way to slow down the Wolf Pack ...

Wolf Pack charge into end zone

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 8:27 p.m.

They used all three time outs but Nevada eventually made it into the Tiger end zone to take a 7-3 lead. The Wolf Pack took the ground route on its way to the score, effectively rushing the ball through the Missouri line. With less than five minutes left in the ...

Ressel gives Missouri 3-0 lead

Posted to Live blog: Missouri vs. Nevada by Sean Leahy on Sept. 25, 2009 at 8:09 p.m.

The Tigers seemed to be out of luck when their first offensive drive resulted in a three-and-out. But when Nevada muffed the Missouri punt, the Tigers had new life and took advantage. Missouri drove down inside the Wolf Pack ten-yard line before redshirt sophomore kicker Grant Ressel booted a field ...