Latest entries in Tigers Tourney Tracker

Stay updated with coverage from the NCAA Tournament in Glendale, Ariz. The Tigers Tourney Tracker blog will feature live analysis, videocasts and full game stories from University of Phoenix Stadium.

Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight

Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight Missouri lost the Elite Eight regional final 82-75 to Connecticut. For more pictures check out the Maneater's slideshow at http://www.themaneater.com/slideshows/2009/3/28/23/

Videocast: Missouri vs. UConn recap

Sports Editor Lenny Goldman sums up Missouri's final game in the NCAA Tournament against the UConn Huskies from Glendale, Arizona. For more content from the game check out the full game slideshow at http://www.themaneater.com/slideshows/2009/3/28/23/

Tigers' journey ends tonight

A miraculous season has come to an end for Missouri by the hands of No. 1 UConn 82-75. The Tigers took it to top-seeded Connecticut, but just didn't have enough to get passed them. Infinite good comes out of tonight's loss and virtually zero bad. Missouri made a greater run than anyone could have ever imagined. Plus, its young players off the bench showed brilliance tonight. Safford and Ramsey were the big men the got ...

Bench players stay in for the stretch

2:24 left to play and Missouri trails 68-65. Once again, the Tigers have made their comeback with Lyons and Carroll on the bench and Safford and Ramsey playing down low instead. Anderson's leaving his bench players in down the final stretch.

Tigers fall back with under five left

Missouri has slipped back into a six-point whole with just under five minutes remaining. The Tigers are simply not hitting their shots right now. They keep getting things close, but can't get over that hump. Connecticut is also dominating the boards right now. After every Missouri shot there is a swarm of Huskies under the hoop. Anderson has 4:42 to get his guys to play the best basketball of their lives in order to make ...

Time for starters to make plays

I don't know if I'm going to make it another eight minutes. Watching this game has been exhausting. Missouri's bench did an incredible job pulling them back into the game, now it's the starters turn to make big plays at the end. J.T. Tiller will be coming off the bench for Missouri, hoping to provide a spark. The Tigers need to keep attacking Thabeet and trying to draw that fourth foul. This game really could ...

Bench brings Missouri back

Missouri's bench has kept the Tigers in it. UConn was looking very tough to start he half, but Anderson went to his bench. He left only one starter in the game. Maybe UConn wasn't ready for Safford and Ramsey. The bench gave Missouri its first lead of the game at 50-49. The Huskies have struggled with the intensity that Missouri's bench brings. UConn currently leads 52-50.

Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half

Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half The Missouri Tigers keep the score close with UConn

UConn up six at the half

UConn up six at the half It's been an incredible first half of basketball. Missouri has managed to keep itself in the game, despite the Huskies playing offense out of their minds. Connecticut leads 44-38 at the break. Missouri had a chance to make it a two-point game, but came up short and then allowed Price to float in a buzzer beater, creating the six-point advantage. There are so many things to look for in the second half. For UConn, the ...

Defense fueling Missouri's game

Missouri has scraped its way back into the game. Turnovers, like always, have fueled Missouri's offense. The Tigers trail 34-31, an incredibly small deficit considering UConn is still shooting nearly 70 percent from the field. Anderson has gone deep into his bench. Safford, Paul and Bowers have all gotten minutes already. There are four minutes remaining in the first half. Missouri needs to stick with the Huskies until halftime and then look to make its ...