Saturday, October 25, 2014
Tigers Tourney Tracker
Stay updated with coverage from the NCAA Tournament in Glendale, Ariz. The Tigers Tourney Tracker blog will feature live analysis, videocasts and full game stories from University of Phoenix Stadium.

Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Patrick Fallon on March 28, 2009 at 6:49 p.m.
Photoblog: Missouri Loses Elite Eight

Missouri lost the Elite Eight regional final 82-75 to Connecticut. For more pictures check out the Maneater's slideshow at http://www.themaneater.com/slideshows/2009/3/28/23/

Videocast: Missouri vs. UConn recap

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 6:39 p.m.

Sports Editor Lenny Goldman sums up Missouri's final game in the NCAA Tournament against the UConn Huskies from Glendale, Arizona. For more content from the game check out the full game slideshow at http://www.themaneater.com/slideshows/2009/3/28/23/

Tigers' journey ends tonight

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 3:50 p.m.

A miraculous season has come to an end for Missouri by the hands of No. 1 UConn 82-75. The Tigers took it to top-seeded Connecticut, but just didn't have enough to get passed them. Infinite good comes out of tonight's loss and virtually zero bad. Missouri made a greater run ...

Bench players stay in for the stretch

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 3:39 p.m.

2:24 left to play and Missouri trails 68-65. Once again, the Tigers have made their comeback with Lyons and Carroll on the bench and Safford and Ramsey playing down low instead. Anderson's leaving his bench players in down the final stretch.

Tigers fall back with under five left

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 3:30 p.m.

Missouri has slipped back into a six-point whole with just under five minutes remaining. The Tigers are simply not hitting their shots right now. They keep getting things close, but can't get over that hump. Connecticut is also dominating the boards right now. After every Missouri shot there is a ...

Time for starters to make plays

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 3:21 p.m.

I don't know if I'm going to make it another eight minutes. Watching this game has been exhausting. Missouri's bench did an incredible job pulling them back into the game, now it's the starters turn to make big plays at the end. J.T. Tiller will be coming off the bench ...

Bench brings Missouri back

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 3:08 p.m.

Missouri's bench has kept the Tigers in it. UConn was looking very tough to start he half, but Anderson went to his bench. He left only one starter in the game. Maybe UConn wasn't ready for Safford and Ramsey. The bench gave Missouri its first lead of the game at ...

Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Patrick Fallon on March 28, 2009 at 2:52 p.m.
Photoblog: Elite Eight First Half

The Missouri Tigers keep the score close with UConn

UConn up six at the half

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 2:34 p.m.
UConn up six at the half

It's been an incredible first half of basketball. Missouri has managed to keep itself in the game, despite the Huskies playing offense out of their minds. Connecticut leads 44-38 at the break. Missouri had a chance to make it a two-point game, but came up short and then allowed Price ...

Defense fueling Missouri's game

Posted to Tigers Tourney Tracker by Lenny Goldman on March 28, 2009 at 2:20 p.m.

Missouri has scraped its way back into the game. Turnovers, like always, have fueled Missouri's offense. The Tigers trail 34-31, an incredibly small deficit considering UConn is still shooting nearly 70 percent from the field. Anderson has gone deep into his bench. Safford, Paul and Bowers have all gotten minutes ...