Stay updated with coverage from the NCAA Tournament in Glendale, Ariz. The Tigers Tourney Tracker blog will feature live analysis, videocasts and full game stories from University of Phoenix Stadium.

UConn up six at the half

UConn up six at the half
Patrick Fallon/Senior Staff Photographer

It's been an incredible first half of basketball. Missouri has managed to keep itself in the game, despite the Huskies playing offense out of their minds. Connecticut leads 44-38 at the break.

Missouri had a chance to make it a two-point game, but came up short and then allowed Price to float in a buzzer beater, creating the six-point advantage.

There are so many things to look for in the second half. For UConn, the question is what impact will Thabeet have. Calhoun kept him on the bench for most of the first half, so he may be looking for the big man to take over in the second period.

Missouri has to keep forcing UConn to play its style. The Huskies did get flustered and turn the ball over. What's most important for Missouri's defense though, is forcing Connecticut to take bad shots. They are shooing over 70 percent, because when they do get the ball off, it's been from down low for an easy dunk of layup.

The Tigers certainly still have a shot, but it's going to require a tremendous defensive effort and terrific shooting half.