Friday, December 19, 2014

Missouri loses 3-1 to No. 8 Oklahoma State

The Missouri Women’s Soccer team lost 3-1 to No. 8 Oklahoma State at home on Friday night.

Most of the scoring came in the first fifteen minutes of the game, where Oklahoma State jumped out to a 3-1 lead. In the sixth minute, Oklahoma State scored off of a corner kick, but Missouri was able to tie the game in the tenth minute with a score off of a corner kick of its own.

Senior midfielder Krista Kruse scored the goal, and was assisted by junior midfielder Jessie Crabtree. The goal was Kruse’s fifth of the season.

Oklahoma State quickly regained the lead in the thirteenth minute, and then doubled the lead in the fifty-seventh minute.

Missouri could not get anything going on offense after their early goal, some which is a testament to Oklahoma State sophomore goalkeeper Adrianna Franch.

“She’s one of the better keepers in the Big 12,” coach Brian Blitz said. “Oklahoma State hangs their hat on defense, and defense wins.” With the loss, Missouri drops to 1-1 in Big 12 conference play. They will host Oklahoma on Sunday.

“I think today just kind of fueled our fire, got us going, we’re going to be ready to bounce back,” senior forward Kari Adam said. “We don’t want this to happen again, so we’ll come out strong.”