Sunday, November 23, 2014

Missouri men's basketball falls at Baylor

The Missouri men’s basketball team went down to the wire with No. 24 Baylor Saturday but ended up falling 64-62 in Waco, Texas.

MU took the lead with 46.9 left in the game when sophomore guard Kim English hit a layup while being intentionally fouled. After missing the first free throw, English drained the second to give the Tigers a 62-61 advantage.

Missouri received the ball back and ran the clock down to 12 seconds before senior guard J.T. Tiller missed a shot and Baylor rebounded. English fouled on the ensuing fast break, and Bears junior guard LaceDarius Dunn went to the line for two shots.

Dunn nailed the first to tie the game but missed the second causing a mad fight for the rebound. Baylor missed two shots but saw the second tipped in by junior forward Ekpe Udoh to give the Bears a 64-62 advantage with 1.3 left to play.

English then heaved a desperation 3-pointer just inside the half court line, but the shot hit off the front of the rim.

Dunn ended the game as the leading scorer with 17 points, as Bears sophomore forward Quincy Acy threw in a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.

Missouri (18-7, 6-4 Big 12) shot 45.1 percent from the field and saw senior guard Zaire Taylor score a team-high 15 points after going scoreless in MU’s last two games.

Baylor (19-5, 6-4 Big 12) won the rebounding battle 35-26.

Missouri will host No. 14 Texas Wednesday at 8 p.m.