Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Anderson leaving Missouri for Arkansas, CBS reports

Missouri men's basketball Coach Mike Anderson is heading to Arkansas, according to a report from CBSSPORTS.com posted Saturday night.

The report cites a tweet from Chris Lincoln, Sports Director at KTUL-TV in Tulsa.

“Reports out of Arkansas say Mizzou coach Mike Anderson to be introduced tomorrow in Fayetteville as Razorbacks new head basketball coach,” Lincoln tweeted Saturday.

MU Athletics Department officials, including spokesman Chad Moller, were unavailable for comment.

Rumors of a potential move to Arkansas have surrounded Anderson throughout the postseason, though the coach shot down rumors at a postgame press conference following the second round loss in the NCAA Tournament.

“That’s a rumor, and I thought I dealt with that already,” Anderson said in response to questioning about a possible move to Arkansas. “I’m excited about what’s taking place at Missouri and I plan on being at Missouri. That’s the bottom line.”

Anderson spent 17 seasons as an assistant for the Razorback basketball program before coaching at the University of Alabama and eventually Missouri.

March 19, 2011 at 10:10 p.m.

anonymous: Alabama-Birmingham, do your homework

March 19, 2011 at 10:14 p.m.

Michael: *University of Alabama- Birmingham

March 19, 2011 at 10:19 p.m.

gohogs: Wooo Pig Sooie! Welcome home Mike!!!

March 19, 2011 at 10:35 p.m.

Bill: You are reporting something that is based on an unsubstantiated story that is based on an unsubstantiated tweet that is based on "reports" that are not cited. Nice.

March 19, 2011 at 10:46 p.m.

LH: Citing a cbs blog which cited a tweet from a local station in Tulsa.. ..ooo ahh... .. pardon me for wanting to hear some actual facts here

March 19, 2011 at 10:55 p.m.

Tcb: Wrong wrong wrong

March 19, 2011 at 11:04 p.m.

Lee Crow: I'll believe it when I see it!!!

March 19, 2011 at 11:17 p.m.

Please....no.....: I hope this is more rumor.

March 19, 2011 at 11:48 p.m.

Max: He coached at the University of Alabama-Birmingham (UAB), not the University of Alabama. They're two different institutions.

March 20, 2011 at 12:53 a.m.

Jeff (Orange Beach, AL): WELCOME HOME COACH MIKE ANDERSON! WOO PIG SOOIE!!! GO HOGS GO!!!

March 20, 2011 at 9:44 a.m.

Dan McDowell: Now, all we need is for Anderson to hire Richardson as a damn asistant, that would royally suck!!!!

May 6, 2011 at 2:07 a.m.

Professional Athletes David: Whatever the reason is, we should first respect it and support Anderson's upcoming new team or the new head coach for the Mizzou team.