Thursday, April 17, 2014
Posted to Sports Blog by Seth Boster on April 13, 2012 at 11:00 p.m.

Ratliffe advances, English eliminated in Portsmouth Invitational

After contributing nine points and seven rebounds, Missouri graduating senior forward Ricardo Ratliffe and his team won in the semifinal rounds at the Portsmouth Invitational to move on to the championship game Friday. The title match is scheduled for a 7 p.m. tipoff on Saturday.

Senior guard Kim English performed at the invitational in the consolation bracket Thursday. Despite his team’s second loss of the week and its elimination, English scored 22, the exact output he put forth the night before at the senior showcase, which allows pro hopefuls to perform “in front of NBA representatives from every NBA team,” according the event’s website.

As he moves on to the championship game, Ratliffe continues what has been an impressive display of his talent leading up to the NBA Draft on June 28.

On March 30, Ratliffe was named Most Important Player of the West after scoring 21 points and 10 rebounds in the NABC All-Star game in New Orleans. Inside in the invitational host site of Churchland High School, about a 35 minute drive from Ratliffe’s native home in Hampton, Va., Ratliffe has averaged 11 points and 8.5 rebounds over two games.

Currently, Ratliffe is the 60th best prospect for the draft, according to DraftExpress.com. English is the 74th.

Ratliffe will play against Norfolk State’s Kyle O’Quinn for the championship on Saturday night. O’Quinn's 26 points led Norfolk State to an 86-84 upset over Missouri in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Reader comments