Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Posted to Sports Blog by Seth Boster on May 7, 2012 at 6:09 p.m.

Missouri to complete recruiting class with Tulsa transfer Clarkson

Coach Frank Haith and the Missouri men’s basketball team added the last name to the 2012-13 roster after Tulsa sophomore guard Jordan Clarkson committed to the Tigers on Monday.

“MIZZOU!!! Blessed to be apart of the Tiger family! Appreciate all of the love!!!” Clarkson posted on his Twitter account, @J3Clarkson.

Clarkson will round out the 2012 recruiting class, as he is expected to be one of 13 under scholarship next season. After signing Connecticut transfer Alex Oriakhi, the 6-foot-9, 240-pound junior forward many considered to be the top transferring target upon his announcement last month, the team had one scholarship remaining to be issued.

The scholarship might have been waiting to be claimed by Devonta Pollard, a five-star recruit according to Rivals.com from De Kalb, Miss., who, according to reports, was expected to make a decision on Friday between Missouri, Alabama, Georgetown and Texas. That decision has yet to be made, but, with Clarkson’s commitment, Missouri will no longer be involved.

The Tigers have invested in Clarkson, a 6-foot-4, 188-pounder who played both guard positions for Tulsa last season, leading the team with 16.5 points a game and also providing 3.9 rebounds and 2.5 assists on his sophomore campaign.

Having completed his first season in Columbia, Haith and his staff have brought in five transfers now, a list that includes Oriakhi, senior guard Keion Bell, junior guard Earnest Ross and freshman guard Jabari Brown, all of whom will be eligible to play this season.

After sitting out for a year due to NCAA transfer rules, Clarkson will have two years of eligibility.

Reader comments