Hudson pitches complete game, Tigers improve to 4-0

Tags: Softball

Senior Nicole Hudson did it all for Missouri on Saturday afternoon, pitching a five-inning complete game while adding two home runs on the day as the Tigers improved to 4-0 with wins over Fresno State and San Diego.

Hudson pitched all five innings in Missouri’s 11-3 win over Fresno State, its second win against the school in as many days. Hudson gave up three runs on eight hits. She hit her first home run of the day in the second inning, tying the game at one.

Missouri grabbed a four-run lead in the third, but Fresno State pulled within two in the bottom half of the inning. The Tigers added one in the fourth, followed by a three-home run fifth, which ended the game in Missouri’s favor.

In the second game, Bailey Erwin struck out just four batters, but the sophomore allowed only two hits, leading to a 5-0 win over San Diego.

The game was scoreless up until the fourth inning, when Nicole Hudson hit her fifth home run of the year, her second of the day, to give Missouri a 1-0 lead.

A home run from sophomore Kelsi Jones, along with a USD throwing error and RBIs from sophomore Emily Crane and senior Jenna Marston, gave Missouri a five-run lead in the fifth, which stood for the remainder of the game.

Missouri will try to go perfect in the UC Santa Barbara Gaucho Classic when it takes on the host team Sunday at 11 a.m. Central Time. The Tigers beat the Gauchos 11-3 on Friday morning.