Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New statement released in DGB case

Lawyers for sophomore wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham vehemently denied Green-Beckham's possession of marijuana at the time of his Jan. 10 arrest, the second in two years, on Friday.

"As has been reported over the past three weeks, Dorial was arrested along with two friends after a car stop for possession of a controlled substance. Throughout this entire investigation, Dorial has denied, and continues to deny any knowledge, or any connection with a large amount of suspected marijuana that was found in the back of a vehicle, in which Dorial was a passenger. The vehicle was not Dorial’s nor was it discovered in an area that he was occupying. As has been filed with the Court in the form of search warrant returns, another occupant of the vehicle, Patrick Prouty, admitted ownership of the marijuana. Additionally, a large amount of cash was also discovered in the pocket of Mr. Prouty, after he had refused to allow the officers to search him," attorneys Tyson J. Martin and Ryan Cole, both of Springfield, Mo., wrote in a statement.

"Dorial has been nothing but completely cooperative with law enforcement throughout this entire process. Dorial very much regrets putting himself in this situation, and he is anxious to put this ordeal behind him. We are hopeful, in light of what this investigation has uncovered, that this matter will quickly be resolved in a positive manner for Dorial."

Springfield police in documents obtained by the Springfield News-Leader on Friday claim the pound of marijuana found in the vehicle in which Green-Beckham was a passenger, did not belong to the Missouri receiver.

Driver Patrick Prouty was also reported to have had $2,000 on his person at the time of the arrest.