Latest entries in Tigers Tourney Tracker 2010

Complete coverage of Missouri men's basketball in the 2010 NCAA Tournament. Look for video previews and summaries, live blogs, photos and audio clips during the Tigers' postseason run.

Tigers running out of time to make a charge

It's getting late for MU, trailing 62-57 with 1:25 left. Missouri hasn't been able to make a charge, but it's now or never for doing that.

Tigers can't make up ground

With 7:29 left, WVU still leads over Missouri, 54-47. Both teams have woken up a bit from the floor, but the Tigers haven't made up any ground.

West Virginia takes five-point lead into halftime

The Mountaineers are getting frustrated on the offensive end, but Da'Sean Butler is still finding ways to score: his 19 points have WVU up 30-25 at halftime. The Mountaineers shot 32.1 percent as a whole in the half, but as long as Butler hits his 3's and gets to the line as much as he did (eight times, hitting seven attempts), WVU may not need any other offense. The Tigers weren't too hot from the ...

Butler taking charge for Mountaineers

Senior guard Da'Sean Butler has four 3-pointers for West Virginia who leads 23-17 with 7:15 to go in the first half. The Tigers have mostly held up against the Mountaineers so far, but they are doing so without forcing many turnovers. WVU is breaking the press and setting up its halfcourt offense with regularity. On the offensive end, MU is getting to the basket even though it is facing a big size disadvantage. If it ...

The starters for today's game

No surprises in the starting lineups today: Missouri Senior guard J.T. Tiller Senior guard Zaire Taylor Senior forward Keith Ramsey Sophomore forward Laurence Bowers Sophomore guard Kim English West Virginia Senior guard Da'Sean Butler Sophomore forward Devin Ebanks Sophomore forward Kevin Jones Sophomore guard Darryl Bryant Senior forward Wellington Smith

Tigers and West Virginia set to meet with trip to Sweet 16 on line

Missouri has a trip to its second-straight Sweet 16 on the line today against West Virginia at HSBC Arena. But to get to Syracuse next week, the Tigers must pass a strong Mountaineer team that holds the No. 2 seed in the East Region and is No. 6 in the Associated Press Poll. Starting with senior swingman Da'Sean Butler, West Virginia throws plenty of big bodies at their opponents. At 6-feet-7-inches tall, Butler averages 17.2 ...

Video: Preview of Missouri-West Virginia

Sports editor Sean Leahy previews Missouri's second round NCAA Tournament matchup with West Virginia.

Final score: Missouri 86, Clemson 78

Missouri took down the Clemson Tigers 86-78, heading to face West Virginia in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Keith Ramsey and Kim English tied as Missouri's high-scorers at 20 points apiece. DeMontez Stitt had 21 for Clemson and Andre Young had 19.

English helps Missouri take the lead

Missouri has clawed its way to a 61-55 lead with 10:37 to go in the game. Two 3-pointers from sophomore guard Kim English put MU in the lead and momentum seems to be swinging Missouri's way. The Tigers are facing a lot more pressure in the low post this half, with Clemson looking to exploit its advantage near the basket. If Missouri can contain Booker and Grant, it can possibly pull away the way it ...

A first half wrapup

Missouri and Clemson go into the locker room tied at 39 after a back-and-forth first half. CU jumped out to the early lead by going nearly perfect from beyond the arc, but Missouri's offense started clicking after the first 13 minutes, and the Tigers charged back to the lead. Missouri used some of its 12 steals to fuel its comeback, which featured some its 12 fastbreak points. CU ended the half 61.5 percent from beyond ...