Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Blog about everything and anything happening with the university.

Residence halls to open Friday for Arkansas game

Residence halls will reopen their doors at 11 a.m. Friday for students returning from Thanksgiving break for the Missouri-Arkansas football game.

Department of Residential Life Director Frankie Minor said this is the first time the university will reopen residence halls on Friday during break.

“This is unusual for us … more commonly, we would have (football) games on Saturday either right after Thanksgiving or before,” he said. “We had gotten into the habit of preparing for that, but we had made the (residence hall) contracts before (the football schedules were released).”

Minor said all full-time Res Life staff — except one staff member with “family commitments” — and some student staff will be required to return as well. Minor said “approximately 50 percent” of student staff will be required to return to provide sufficient staffing in each hall, but the exact number of returning staff varies from hall to hall.

“We are requiring enough student staff to be back by opening to provide coverage and response to any incidents that may occur, but that number or percentage varies from building to building based on internal discussions with those student and full-time staff,” he said in an email.

According to the Campus Dining Services website, one dining hall, Pavillion at Dobbs, will open Friday to serve lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Infusion and Pomodoro in the MU Student Center will also open Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.