Monday, March 27, 2017

Jason Derulo gets in your head

The artists' self-titled album is slated for release March 2.

Jason Derulo's self-titled debut album, slated for release March 2, is sure to turn some heads. The two singles already formally released, "In My Head" and "Watcha Say," were both top 10 hits in the U.S., the latter peaking at No. 1. Competing with this gigantic success, the rest of the album does anything but disappoint.

Throughout the album, Derulo exerts a colorful usage of word painting, wrapping the listener up in the moods he is feeling in each song. Most of the tunes feature the usual emotional content centerpiece, the woman. But Derulo takes an exquisite approach to this, whether it is about him hooking up with someone else's girl ("Love Hangover") or contemplating the rest of his life with a girl he just met ("What If").

Derulo lays out everything on the table as far as vocal ability goes. He shows he does not always need auto-tune to charm the ear; this guy can seriously sing. The album is full of raw emotional content, and Derulo is not afraid to strain his voice when his emotions come out.

The album also displays his immense recording talent. In a day and age where artists punch a listener in the ear with a fistful of unnecessary vocal tracks, Derulo layers his voice appropriately, adding just the right amount of depth, color and even intensity when needed.

Long story short, come March 2, make your way to iTunes or the local music store and pick this one up. It is a real display of talent that just does not make its way to the mainstream nowadays. Hell, some could even say he shows characteristics comparable to that of the late King of Pop, in the most respectable manner possible, of course.

Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:07 a.m.

Justin Bieber: Great job Jason! Can't wait to Buy it. :)

Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:27 a.m.

SK710: Well Done!

Feb. 24, 2010 at 1:27 p.m.

Solo: Mad respect. I love Ridin' Solo. Haha

Feb. 24, 2010 at 1:33 p.m.

Taungie: Couldnt be better explained. Jason Derulo is Talented, natural, humble What more could you ask for :D JAson`s got real natural talent. Full stop:D Lv u Jason DErulo, keep up the gd work. Love the album. Amazing :D

Feb. 24, 2010 at 4:51 p.m.

Great: Supa gr8.