Monday, September 22, 2014

Missouri basketball loses Paul, Stone

Missouri announced Monday the transfer of sophomore guard Miguel Paul and freshman forward Tyler Stone from the men's basketball team. The pair leaves in order to earn more playing time elsewhere.

"These are outstanding young men, and I have truly enjoyed coaching them at Missouri," coach Mike Anderson said in a news release. "We understand their decision and will do everything we can to support them as they start new chapters in their collegiate careers."

With two scholarships spots open, Missouri is poised to add some more recruits as the spring signing period begins on Wednesday.

As for the departures on the Tigers, Paul played in 69 of 72 career games during his two years at Missouri and had a career-high 15 points against Nebraska on Jan. 23. Paul averaged 3.2 points, 1.6 assists and 11.7 minutes in his career.

"I just feel this decision is in the best interest of me and my family," Paul said in the release. "I love Missouri. I love my teammates, the coaches and the fans. My teammates at Mizzou will always be like my brothers, and I wouldn't trade these two years for anything. I wish everyone here all the best."

Stone played sparingly in his first season at MU, getting in 11 games and putting up eight points against UM-Kansas City on Dec. 30.

April 13, 2010 at 6:48 a.m.

WORLDOFSTU: This was a great move by the Tigers---Although the 2 young athletes will be missed.....Coach Anderson has these boys heading for the promised land for years to come....I've been loving what i've seen the past 2 years out of the Tigers....Lets go MU!