Saturday, November 1, 2014

MU men's basketball adds two more recruits

Both players were junior college All-Americans.

Missouri men's basketball added a pair of junior college recruits to its recruiting haul with the signings of Ricardo Ratliffe and Matt Pressey this week.

Both players were junior college All-Americans, and Ratliffe was the No. 1-ranked JUCO player in America, according to Rivals.com. The pair joins Missouri's group of four signees from the early signing period.

"We were able to address our needs in this class," coach Mike Anderson said in a release. "To be able to bring in two junior college All-Americans in the late signing period is huge for our program."

Ratliffe comes from Central Florida Community College in Ocala, Fla., and averaged 27.4 points and 11.3 rebounds last season. His 855 total points were a school record.

"We certainly addressed a big need with the signing of Ricardo, the top junior college player in the country," Anderson said in the release. "He gives us a post presence with the ability to step out and knock down shots. He is a physical player that rebounds and plays the game with passion and energy."

Matt Pressey is the older brother of Phil Pressey, another member of Missouri's incoming class of recruits. The elder Pressey comes to Missouri from Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas, after averaging 17.5 points last season.

The signings come a few days after the transfers of sophomore guard Miguel Paul and freshman forward Tyler Stone from the team.