Details of fight relating to Green-Beckham emerge in wake of suspension

Additional details tie the sophomore wide receiver to an incident Sunday morning.

Receiver Dorial Green-Beckham lines up for a drill during summer practice in August 2012. A Mizzou Athletics news release Monday stated Green-Beckham was suspended indefinitely from the team for violating team rules.

Maneater File Photo

Updated April 8, 2014 at 7:04 p.m.

After star Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham was suspended indefinitely from the football team for a violation of team policies, new details emerged Monday night that implicate the sophomore in a physical altercation early Sunday morning.

Sophomore roommates at Brookside Townhomes Mike Henke and Chris Connor were watching Netflix when they heard yelling outside around 2 a.m. They ran to the street from their unit and a frantic neighbor told them to call 911.

“He said some guy was hitting a girl,” Connor said.

Another Brookside resident, who declined to be named, told The Maneater that Green-Beckham was involved in a fight at her apartment this weekend but chose not to comment further.

After the altercation, Henke said he ran back into his house to call the police. Outside, Connor said the neighbor who asked him to call 911 told someone else that Green-Beckham was "beating up a girl."

Connor said a girl then started banging on a white Dodge Charger and screaming while a man yelled at her from the car as it was driving away. Connor said five to 10 people were outside watching the incident.

Connor and Henke said Green-Beckham was not driving the vehicle.

The Columbia Missourian late Monday reported that incident occurred between 2 and 3 a.m.

Police arrived 15 minutes later after Henke called authorities, he told The Maneater. Others standing outside also called police, Henke and Connor said.

The Columbia Police Department released a public information report Tuesday detailing a burglary at 310 W. Old Plank Road at 2:36 a.m. Sunday morning. The report lists weapons as hands, fists and feet.

Information about a suspect, subject, victim and witness were all kept confidential.

The news release provided by Mizzou Athletics on Monday did not stipulate the team rules that Green-Beckham violated. It is not certain that Sunday’s altercation is related to the sophomore’s suspension.

April 8, 2014 at 12:29 a.m.

Billy: What an irresponsible article. So a couple of kids heard that maybe DGB beat up some girl. What? Do you realize zero other publications are reporting this? Do you furthermore realize that this account has been denied by numerous people. Why put hearsay like that in an article like this. Now it's going to spread all over the place and it's very possible that it isn't even true.

April 8, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.

Mick Mcallister: Wow. Hard hitting stuff. Great article based primarily on heresay and speculation.

April 8, 2014 at 9:37 a.m.

Patrick: No one quoted in this article saw the fight. No one in the article even saw DGB. Everything here is based on hearsay...super sketchy ethically.

April 8, 2014 at 9:59 a.m.

Mike: I agree, Billy. Irresponsible reporting. You can't just throw out claims that someone was "beating up a girl" if they can't be confirmed. If false, you're completely ruining someone's reputation. Not a good look for the Maneater.

April 8, 2014 at 10:25 a.m.

Zach: It's probably in your best interest to remove this article immediately. It's not just unethical and irresponsible, but borderline illict

April 8, 2014 at 12:52 p.m.

Allison: This is a wildly unprofessional and unethical article. Really should be taken down immediately until you have something of factual substance to include.

April 8, 2014 at 2:57 p.m.

Vaughn: Is The Maneater a part of the Mizzou Journalism department. If it is I would trust it since Mizzou has the best journalism school in the world. Oldest and best. If they are not part of the journalism school than you can only take it as gossip.

April 10, 2014 at 1:34 a.m.

Dan: I completely disagree... this article and the accounts of the events matches what everyone around town is saying happened. Witnesses talk and word gets around. The nature of what happened needs to be known, or else you can say you condone the University trying to sweep it under the rug.