Thursday, March 30, 2017

Water break causes damages, shuts off water services

Water services will be restored by 9 p.m.

MU Office of Energy Management workers fix a water main break at Parker Hall Monday, March 9, 2015 in Columbia, Mo. Workers had to excavate under the eastern steps to make repairs.

Zach Baker/Senior Staff Photographer

A water main broke at Parker Hall on Monday, leaving water damage in six offices and shutting off water services in nearby buildings, according to university officials.

The breakage affected Parker, Noyes and McAlester halls, McAlester Annex and the Old Student Health Center. All buildings are currently without water service, Campus Facilities spokeswoman Karlan Seville said.

The east wing of the Parker Hall basement, where Center for Studies of Oral Tradition and Peace Studies Program is housed, had flooded, Seville said. She said the office of Facility Operations and Service Master is cleaning up the water damage.

The office of Energy Management excavated under the eastern steps of Parker Hall to make repairs, Seville said. She said water services will return between 7 and 9 p.m. Monday.

March 10, 2015 at 9:36 a.m.

Loic Brun: Thank you for sharing this, water break needs to be fixed as quickly as possible. Because it may cause more damage or can be a problem for the citizens of the area having no water running or unclean water running.