Anyone can do music and porn

Riz Story, lead singer/guitarist for Orange County, Calif. band Anyone, thinks everybody should do drugs.

"If everyone in the world were to get high, war would slowly grind to a halt," Story said. "If all these leaders were to take 'shrooms and meditate a little on what they're doing, it would be a different world."

Story is joined by bass player Static and drummer Ransom to complete the band. This trio is the current lineup for Anyone, which will be the opening band for Speed Dealer and Lennon at The Blue Note, 17 N. Ninth St., on Tuesday. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $6.

Story describes Anyone's music as "maximum acid." He categorizes this new genre as the heaviest psychedelic music yet. According to Story, Anyone comes from a long line of psychedelic ancestors ranging from the Beatles to Jane's Addiction.

"I'm not interested in following nü metal or any other trend," Story said. "I've been playing mind-expanding, experimental music since the beginning."

If the band is anything, it's prolific. Even though Anyone's first studio album isn't due out until the end of the month, there is definitely not a lack of written material.

"When we got signed, we had 150 songs to choose from," Story said. "Since then, the number has risen to over 200. Even if we released a double album every year for the next 10 years, we'd never get to all the music."

Story is convinced that Orange County is the new center for the nation's youth culture. Many popular bands hail from the area, including No Doubt, Korn and the Foo Fighters, but that's not the only reason Story has such a strong feeling about the county.

"There's so much happening in Orange County," Story said. "Nobody realizes because so many styles come from here. It's like Seattle, only that was easy to pigeonhole because it was grunge: one look, one sound."

Another aspect of Orange County that Story thinks is influential is the area's porn stars. Along those same lines, Anyone has something on its resume that most bands probably can't lay claim to. The band was in a scene in the adult movie Elig"'™&ac