Jonas Brothers release <i>A Little Bit Longer</i>

<i>A Little Bit Longer</i> features more racy lyrics than past albums.
OMG, the new Jonas Brothers album is like, totally good. Courtesy of Jonas Brothers

Here's an interesting piece of gossip: Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus, both Disney starlets, are at battle over Nick Jonas' love. Feel old yet? You should.

The aforementioned are only 15 years old. Nick, a member of Disney's newest fad, the Jonas Brothers, and his brothers Joe and Kevin are becoming quite the pre-teen sensation.

The brotherly threesome is surrounded by gossip. Joe has recently been all over Us Weekly after rumors he's dating Taylor Swift became well known.

Apart from their apparently extremely busy personal lives, the brothers are more than successful, and not just in the tabloids. They've got more than a few endorsement deals and are coming off of their hit movie, "Camp Rock." And, to make every poor college student feel like a failure, the brothers released their third album, A Little Bit Longer, Aug. 12.

The first single, "Burnin' Up," is awesomely pop-rock, and after Miley Cyrus' "See You Again" success, it would be no surprise to see mobs of people singing it at Homecoming announcements this fall. The lyrics don't delve too deep, but they are surprisingly more racy than expected. The chorus isn't exactly Disney Channel-appropriate, with lines like, "I'm slipping into the lava/And I'm trying to keep from going under/Baby, you turn the temperature hotter/'Cause I'm burnin' up, burnin' up for you baby."

If you're looking for more of a ballad, try "A Little Bit Longer," written by youngest JoBro Nick about his struggle with diabetes - sad, but extremely lovely at the same time. We can all relate to, "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone, and you don't know what it's like to feel so low," especially when it pertains to not being able to eat mass amounts of double layer German chocolate cake.

Along with "Burnin' Up" and "A Little Bit Longer," the Bros' third single, "Tonight," is noticeably less tolerable than its predecessors, with a melody that is repetitive and over-the-top. Times a billion. One listen is more than enough.

"Lovebug" is the best song on the album, so adorable it brings to mind cute things like teddy bears and puppies. The lyrics are all about young love. The tempo quickens at about the 2:30 mark to show a bit of the brothers' tendency toward fast-paced pop rock.

This album shows a bit more maturity than their last, but a few things are too corny. Example: "Video Girl" starts when a ridiculous voice screams, "Oh my God, did you hear I dated a Jonas Brother? It was so hot!" It's too much of a flashback to "Baby Got Back" for a band whose fan base is usually not old enough to understand the anaconda joke.

It's obvious why so many 10-year-old boys hate them - 10-year-old girls all over the world are crushing on the Jonas Brothers instead of the average boy down the street. And after listening to their album, it seems pretty reasonable. They are a perfect mix of rock and *NSync.