Mizzou in Review: Top MU related tweets tweeted by The Maneater this year

Winter weather, Provost Ramchand and freshman enrollment make the list.

.@Mizzou closes campus and UM System offices for the third straight day due to inclement weather: bit.ly/2Fyil3F

MU closed for the third time on Jan. 14 due to the inclement winter weather the campus experienced this year. In total, MU was closed for six days over the months of January and February. Students began to get accustomed to tweets, emails and alerts looking like this from the @MUalert account.

Stolen vehicles, machetes and French horns: follow an @MUPDpolice officer on a Friday night patrol: ow.ly/yY6w30lSkj0

Maneater UNews Editor Emily Wolf rode along with an MUPD officer on a Friday night last semester. Most of the night’s action included traffic stops and a few interactions with intoxicated people. At one point in the night, there was a noise from an MU shed. After surveying the situation it turned out to be a group of students practicing french horn.

@ProvostRamchand welcomed to MU campus during reception event: ow.ly/Uiw830lCZm9

Latha Ramchand was appointed as MU’s new provost by Chancellor Cartwright in June 2018. Ramchand was welcomed to her position in August at an event in the Reynolds Alumni Center. Cartwright spoke highly of Ramchand at the event by saying. During her time at the mic, Ramchand discussed her plans for collaboration and working together to make magic happen.

.@umsystem President Mun Choi announces increase in freshman enrollment, applications at @Mizzou: ow.ly/LGxH50qdDXx

MU freshman deposits have gone up this year and MU has secured three potential properties to be leased for extra housing. UM System President Mun Choi announced the news of the 20.9% deposit increase at the April Board of Curators meeting. After the 2015 protests, enrollment began to drop, causing three residence halls to close in 2017. Two of the three have been reopened and the surge in enrollment will surely call for a need for more living space.

Edited by Skyler Rossi | srossi@themaneater.com