MU events assistant arrested for sexual assault

Frank Hoelzeman was a part-time events assistant.

A part-time MU employee has been charged with sexually assaulting three MU students and a 17-year-old girl.

Frank Hoelzeman, a part-time events assistant, was arrested by Fulton police officers after three female MU students told police Hoelzeman fondled and groped them, according to a news release from the Fulton Police Department.

The students, who worked for Hoelzeman, said he and his wife Deidre Hoelzeman supplied them with alcoholic beverages and Frank Hoelzeman sexually assaulted them once they were intoxicated.

One of the students was also physically assaulted while trying to get away.

FDP Lt. Andre Cook said Diedre Hoelzeman did not take part in the assaults.

Frank Hoelzeman also gave a 17-year-old girl alcoholic beverages and inappropriately touched her, the news release stated.

The 17-year-old was visiting another resident in the home.

Frank Hoelzeman oversaw ushering and entry-level security for the university for events, MU spokesman Christian Basi said.

Basi said Frank Hoelzeman is not working the university anymore but would not discuss the termination. He said it was a personnel matter, but that the end of his employment was related to Frank Hoelzeman's arrest.

Basi said the university is not taking any further action against Frank Hoelzeman at this time.

"The university has taken its action," Basi said.

Diedre Hoelzeman worked as a secretary for Columbia City Manager Bill Watkins. She resigned from her position following her arrest.

City spokeswoman Toni Messina said Deidre Hoelzeman had not already been thinking of vacating her position, but left after her arrest.

"It is my understanding that she offered her resignation and it was accepted," Messina said.

Messina said she didn't know how long Diedra Hoelzeman had been working for the city, but it had been at least several years.

Diedre Hoelzeman was arrested on suspicion of four counts of supplying alcohol to a minor. She was released to the Callaway County Jail pending a total bond of $2,000, the news release stated.

Frank Hoelzeman was arrested on suspicion of four counts of supplying alcohol to a minor, four counts of sexual misconduct and one count of false imprisonment. He was released to the Callaway County Jail pending a total bond of $4,500, the news release stated.