Photographs contribute to quick arrest of suspect, MU police said

Man arrested in conjunction with MU Health Sciences Center robbery

Police arrested Michael S. Weider on robbery charges in conjunction with the Oct. 15 robbery at the MU Health Sciences Center, according to a news release from the MU Police Department.

MU Police Department Capt. Brian Weimer said Weider "used physical force against another person" in the robbery, which took place at

2:45 a.m.

University Hospital spokeswoman Mary Jenkins said she did not know whether or not the victim had sustained

injuries.

The victim, a St. Louis woman, refused medical attention, Weimar said.

He said she was visiting her son in the hospital's intensive care unit.

The police could not comment on why Weider was in the Health Sciences Center on Oct. 15 because the investigation is pending, Weimar said.

The morning after the investigation, MU police issued a news release asking for community assistance in identifying the man.

The release included photographs from the actual robbery.

Weimer said he thought the release of the photographs contributed to the quick arrest of a suspect.

Second-degree robbery is a Class B felony, which is defined as forcibly stealing property.

Due to the pending investigation, Weimer could not comment on what was stolen.

Prior to his arrest for second-degree robbery, Weider served 40 days in jail for two charges for possession of less than 35 grams of

marijuana.

Possession of less than 35 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor in the city of Columbia.

He also served two years of unsupervised probation.

At the time of his arrest, Weider had just finished two years of unsupervised probation after he pleaded guilty for passing a bad check.