RAMS wraps up with Rock-It finals

With a little help from Justin Timberlake, Tina Turner, Willy Wonka and a handful of oompa loompas, students participating in Rock-It preliminaries kicked off the last leg of RAMS, the largest campus-wide philanthropy. Students from sororities, fraternities, residence halls and other campus organizations performed a lip syncing acts that paid tribute to their favorite artists, including Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston and Madonna.

Some acts were more like the opposite of tributes, such as an act called "Michael Jackson, Scary Man," which was introduced by a diaper-clad master of ceremonies posing as Michael Jackson's son.

New Kids on the Block, M.C. Hammer, Vanilla Ice and Kris Kross impersonators united to perform the "What Were They Thinking Medley," which flooded the stage with a montage of pop music from yesteryear.

"It was hilarious. Since it was the 80's we could all relate," sophomore Katie Wilbers said.

The final showdown for all the acts will take place at Rock-It finals at 6:30 p.m. tonight at the Midway Expo Center, located at Interstate-70 and Highway 40. Tickets cost $8.00 at the door and the money will benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Institute.