ThreadBare may stay longer than one year in Student Center

According to ThreadBare’s Instagram post: ThreadBare thrives to become “the most successful store in the Missouri Student Unions Entrepreneurial program’s history.”

As a reward for ThreadBare’s performance last year, the store may remain in the Student Center this fall, according to ThreadBare’s Instagram post. It is the first store created under the Missouri Student Unions Entrepreneurial Program to have an opportunity to remain in the rent-free room longer than one year.

ThreadBare sells second-hand gender-neutral clothing, all for under $10 per item. The store’s goal is to encourage students to dress in a way that shows their true identities, regardless of gender stereotypes, co-owner and Chief Marketing Officer Kyle Gunby said in a previous Maneater article.

The store was created under the Missouri Student Unions Entrepreneurial Program. The program intends to provide a rent-free space in the Student Center for a student’s business. Those businesses will usually stay in the space for one year.

ThreadBare may be the first business to stay longer than a year because it thrives to become “the most successful store in the Missouri Student Unions Entrepreneurial Program’s history,” according to the post.

Students can apply to run ThreadBare for next year. Students who are selected for the position will make decisions concerning “the course, structure, marketing, and products of the store.” The original owners, Gunby, Zach Bine, Allison Fitts and Gabriel Riekhof, will serve as a consultation source to answer questions.

The application is due April 15. Students can email all the inquiries to ThreadBarelovesyou@gmail.com.

The program is also still accepting applications from students with new business ideas.

Edited by Hailey Stolze | hstolze@themaneater.com