MUPD investigating assault on campus

At 1:38 a.m. on April 22, a female reported being pushed into the side of a vehicle by a male.

A female reported being assaulted by a man at 1:38 a.m. Wednesday, according to an MUPD Clery release sent out April 22.

The assault took place in a parking lot on Tiger Avenue and Stadium Boulevard. The victim told police the man grabbed her arms and pushed her into the side of a vehicle, according to the release. The female was able to escape the suspect. The release described the suspect as a white male, 18 to 24 years old, approximately 6 feet tall, with short brown hair.

“It’ll be assigned an investigator who will investigate the case,” MUPD Captain Scott Richardson said. “We’ll be following up on leads and interviewing the victim further to see if we can find out further information.”

No further updates are available at this time, as the investigation is still ongoing.

Individuals with information are encouraged to contact Detective Shawn Spalding at (573) 882-5928 or CRIME STOPPERS at (573) 875-8477, or to submit tips online.

If information leads to an arrest, the tipper could be given up to a $1,500 reward.