No leads on suspects in Casey's robbery

Two men, one of whom was armed, entered a Casey's General Store on Nov. 2 and demanded money from two female clerks, according to a news release from the Columbia Police Department.

Employees of the store, located at 2520 Rangeline Road, reported "two males entered the business and demanded cash."

According to Missouri court documents, one of the suspects was armed with a handgun, and they both entered the store wearing all black clothing.

The suspects then left the business with an unidentified amount of money, according to Missouri court documents.

The news release stated that one suspect left the scene in a four-door gold compact passenger car.

The second suspect left the area on foot, heading northeast, the release stated.

Columbia Police Department Sgt. Ken Hammond said the police could not disclose how much money was taken from the business.

The police do not know the identity of the suspects and they do not have any leads, Hammond said.

Nothing but an undisclosed amount of money was taken from the store, Hammond said. The police have recovered the handgun used in the robbery and the clothing the suspects were wearing.

Bill Walljasper, chief financial officer of Casey's, said the company does not give out public information concerning disturbances at their store, aside from details released by police.

"For safety reasons, we do not publish our policy regarding this issue," Walljasper said.

Casey's employees are trained on how to handle disturbances in the stores when they are hired, and they are retrained every year, Walljasper said.

It is company policy to have two employees on duty at all times, and most stores are open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., Walljasper said.

"We will always cooperate with local authorities in their investigation," Walljasper said.

A manager from Casey's on Rangeline declined to

comment.