Police search for robbery suspects

Three males robbed a man at gunpoint at the intersection of Garth Avenue and Ash Street on Sunday at approximately 3:47 a.m.

The victim stated that the three suspects flagged down his car and robbed him when he stopped to help them.

The victim stated in the documents that he did not know the three suspects.

According to court documents, one of the suspects opened the victim's car door and pulled him out of the

vehicle.

The same suspect then put a handgun to his head and stole his wallet.

A second suspect then took approximately $50 from the wallet, according to court

documents.

The suspects then left the scene, traveling westbound on Ash Street.

According a news release from the Columbia Police Department, "an officer responding to the scene observed three subjects matching the general description," and attempted to approach them.

"One suspect was caught after a short foot chase," the news release stated.

The suspect was later identified as Maurice Figures, a Columbia resident.

Figures did not put up a fight when the arresting officer caught him, according to Missouri court documents.

According to the news release, officers set up a perimeter to apprehend the other two suspects and contacted the Ashland Police Department for assistance with their K-9 unit, but the other two suspects were not located.

Figures later admitted to police that he had been in the company of two other males who he knew only as "Stilt" and "Evil," according to court documents.

Columbia Police Department Sgt. Ken Hammond said the dogs did not find the suspects or any evidence from the

case.

Hammond said the gun has not yet been found.

"The victim was not injured," Hammond said.

According to court documents, the victim "could not 100 percent positively identify Figures as one of the suspects."

The victim also stated in court documents that the suspects "threatened to kill him if he told anyone."

As part of his bond, Figures is not allowed to have any contact with the victim and is not allowed to possess any weapons, court documents

stated.

Hammond said the police are actively investigating the case and are still attempting to locate the other two suspects.