Shakespeare’s South suffers from smoke damage after fire

A towel dryer was confirmed to be the source of the fire.

A small fire erupted at the Shakespeare's Pizza south location on Peachtree Drive before 5 a.m. Saturday, Shakespeare’s employee Boone Glauert said.

A towel dryer was confirmed to be the source of the fire. The Columbia Fire Department extinguished the fire within fifteen minutes, according to a Nov. 7 Columbia Missourian article. No one was injured by the flames, but the dryer suffered from fire damage, and the building has some minor smoke damage, the article stated.

“Our dryers got set on fire after the closing manager left,” Glauert said. “The fire department came early this morning and wiped everything down, and we reopened at 1 a.m.”

According to the article, the cost of repairs is currently unknown.

Share: Facebook / Twitter / Google+

Article comments

0 comments

This item does not have any approved comments yet.

Post a comment

Please provide a full name for all comments. We don't post obscene, offensive or pure hate speech.