Maty Mauk removed from football team

The junior quarterback led Mizzou to SEC East titles in 2013 and 2014.
Photo from Sept. 30, 2015 Quarterback Maty Mauk watches a spring scrimmage in April 2014. Mauk was suspended by coach Gary Pinkel for the Oct. 3 South Carolina game

Quarterback Maty Mauk’s career at Mizzou is officially over.

Coach Barry Odom released a statement announcing the decision. In the statement, he said that Mauk, a junior, failed to live up to the program’s expectations. The announcement came after he was reinstated in December.

“After gathering information and speaking with a number of individuals this week, it is clear Maty has failed to live up to those expectations by violating team rules in recent weeks,” Odom said in his statement.

A video surfaced late Monday night of Mauk engaging in drug related activities. Players stated on Twitter that the video is not recent. Though Odom also said he believed the video was old, he said that, since Mauk did not live up to team expectations in recent weeks, he would be dismissed from the team.

Mauk was suspended in late September for a violation of team rules. He was briefly reinstated during the season but was suspended again for another team violation.

Mauk led the Tigers to Southeastern Conference Eastern Division titles in 2013 and 2014.