Missouri beats Eastern Illinois 10-2

The Tigers took down EIU in O'Fallon.

Missouri beat Eastern Illinois 10-2 at T.R. Hughes Ballpark on Tuesday in O'Fallon. The Tigers scored five runs in the third and seventh innings to run away with the victory.

Senior first baseman Aaron Senne led the offensive charge for Missouri with two hits, two runs scored and four RBIs. Senne hit an RBI double in the third inning and hit a three-run home run in the seventh.

Sophomore left fielder Ryan Gebhart, who returned from an injury last week, had his first RBI of the season with a two-run single in the seventh inning. Junior catcher Ryan Ampleman, freshman second baseman Eric Garcia and freshman center fielder Dane Opel each contributed RBIs for Missouri as well.

Junior third baseman Brett Nicholas had three hits, joining Senne as the only players with multiple hits in the game. Senne and Nicholas lead the Tigers in almost every offensive category. Senne is batting .421 with 11 home runs and 44 RBIs, and Nicholas is batting .370 with seven home runs and 45 RBIs.

Junior Tyler Clark was the winning pitcher for Missouri, allowing one run and striking out nine during five innings of work. Juniors Jeff Scardino, Zack Hardoin and Phil McCormick finished off the last four innings for Missouri, allowing one run on five hits.

After sweeping Kansas State in a doubleheader last weekend, Missouri is now on a three-game winning streak.

The Tigers will continue Big 12 play this weekend at Texas Tech and will return home next Tuesday to face Missouri State in their final out-of-conference game of the season.