Missouri football picks up wide receiver transfer from Alabama

Black was ranked the 58th best football prospect coming out of Jacksonville’s First Coast high school years ago, and he comes to Missouri three years later a graduate transfer.
Former Alabama wide receiver posted this picture on Twitter. _From Chris Black's Twitter_

Alabama graduate transfer Chris Black pledged a commitment Monday afternoon to the Missouri Tigers football team and coach Barry Odom.

Brandon Kiley, host of The Sports Wire on KTGR radio, tweeted a picture last Friday of a student named Christopher C. Black, who was recently added to the Mizzou student database. And on Monday, the wide receiver confirmed his move in the following tweet on Monday:

The 6-foot, 192-pound wide receiver played two years for the Alabama Crimson Tide after redshirting his freshman year and over that span Black caught 25 passes for 290 yards and two touchdowns.

On Nov. 11 of this past year, Alabama coach Nick Saban confirmed Black was out with a season-ending ankle injury, and on Dec. 7, Black confirmed via Twitter that he’d been given a full release from Alabama.

Black was ranked the 58th best football prospect coming out of Jacksonville’s First Coast High School years ago, and he comes to Missouri three years later as a graduate transfer.

After the announcement, Chad Moller confirmed Monday that Black will go through spring football practice with the Tigers.