Missouri soccer adds 8 more to 2019 signing class, one of the largest in program history

The eight new signees will join Morgan Davis and Eryka McIntyre, who signed this past fall in order to participate in spring offseason training.

Missouri soccer rounded out its 2019 signing class with eight new signees, the team announced Tuesday in a press release. The team has now signed 10 total for the upcoming season, as the new signees will join Morgan Davis and Eryka McIntyre, who are enrolled in the current semester at Mizzou and will be joining the team in the upcoming phase of off-season training.

The class is one of the largest in the history of the program according to coach Bryan Blitz, who was hired as the first head coach of the program in 1996.

“We are really excited about this incoming class,” Blitz said in the release. “It is such a high-character, well-balanced and versatile group, and one that can fill a lot of the needs we have.”

The group of eight includes three forwards, two defenders, two multi-position players and one goalkeeper. Only one is a Missouri native, the rest coming from out of state to join the program.

Missouri only lost three senior players this season — goalkeeper Kelsey Dossey, defender Rachel Hise and midfielder Lauren Gaston. However, at the conclusion of the 2019 season, coach Blitz will lose two times as many, making the large signing class all the more valuable.

Although several of the signees received offers from NCAA RPI ranked teams, including No. 5 Baylor and No. 12 Santa Clara, the most notable include forwards Jadyn Easley and Janna Singleton.

Easley, the lone Missouri resident of the 2019 signing class, was one of the most decorated high school players in Missouri. Recognized at the district, region and state levels for three consecutive years, she was also named the Missouri Sports Commission and Hall of Fame Player of the Year in 2018. Easley has also received national acclaim as a USA Today Performer of the Week in 2017.

Singleton hails from Texas, the state with the most members in the 2019 signing class. The senior class president was named MVP of her high school team for three years straight, as well as earning district recognition for three years. Singleton also holds a spot on the Region III Olympic Development Team.

Easley and Singleton, as well as the eight other signees, will come together with the current Missouri roster under coach Blitz next fall.

Edited by Adam Cole | acole@themaneater.com