Nov. 9: a chronological play-by-play

A lot happened on campus today. We put it all in order.

1:07 a.m. Wolfe leaves University Hall

UM System President Tim Wolfe was seen leaving University Hall at 1:07 a.m., about 12 hours after the Board of Curators’ meeting began.

1:40 a.m. MSA meets privately

The Missouri Students Association executive cabinet met in an undisclosed location at 1:40 a.m. to discuss Concerned Student 1950, according to tweets from MSA president Payton Head and MSA Director of Communications David Wallace. The media was not allowed to attend.

8:15 a.m. MSA urges Wolfe’s removal

MSA released a letter urging curators to remove Wolfe from the presidency.

10 a.m. Executive session begins

A morning Board of Curators executive session began.

10:15 a.m. Wolfe resigns

Nearly four years after becoming UM System president, Wolfe resigned, effective immediately.

10:36 a.m. Graduate student Jonathan Butler ends his hunger strike

11:59 a.m. BYU football game is back on

1 p.m. Concerned Student 1950 issues new demands

A press conference on Traditions Plaza revealed new demands from Concerned Student 1950.

“Moving forward, Concerned Student 1950 demands an immediate meeting with the UM System Faculty Council, Board of Curators and the governor of the state of Missouri to discuss shared governance and create a system of holistic inclusion for all constituents,” Marshall Allen, an original member of Concerned Student 1950, announced at the conference.

4:16 p.m. MSA elections, library fee voting are postponed

During a press conference in Jesse Wrench Auditorium in Memorial Union, MSA announced that it pushed presidential elections and the library fee vote until next Monday at 5 p.m. MSA also advocated for the right of the student representative of the Board of Curators to vote.

4:29 p.m. Loftin resigns

Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin announced his resignation during a Board of Curators meeting, effective Jan. 1. Hank Foley, senior vice chancellor for research & graduate studies, will be the interim chancellor.

4:41 p.m. Diversity inclusion task force is announced

4:35 p.m. Football players make statement on Carnahan Quad

Following Loftin’s resignation, football players, including Sherrils, Moore, Harris and Simon, gathered on Carnahan Quad to comment.

“We love the game,” Simon said. “But at the end of the day, it is just that: a game. Through this experience, we have really been able to bridge the gap between student and athlete in the phrase ‘student-athlete.’ By connecting with the community and realizing the bigger picture, we will continue to build with the community and support positive change on Mizzou’s campus.”

6:08 p.m. Graduate students still intend to walk out

Despite the events of the day, graduate students announced that they are still planning a walkout Tuesday.